Certainly not this blog…jokes aside…
I recently started a new job at Aptean, and so far it’s been a pretty positive experience. Sure there have been some headaches, but I’ve been able to work with some great folks and new (to me) technology. One of the first fruits of my experiences at Aptean was one of my most recent posts about unit testing in the browser. There’s been some more developments in that area, so stay tuned if you’re interested in running unit tests with Mocha in the browser.
Beyond my day job, I’ve found time to:
- Stand up a single node Kubernetes cluster – Nothing’s running in my cluster right now, but in the future I hope to run my media server apps, some game servers, a jenkins server, some git hosting, and maybe a chat server of some kind.
- Redo my github page – I recently gave colonelpopcorn.github.io a makeover with Vuetify. There’s still plenty of work to be done though; I want to make the cards mobile-friendly, remove the hard-coded data and get the data from Github and codepen REST endpoints, and maybe do something fancy with CSS animations to show off my skills. Check it out if you want to see!
- Start a few more side projects on github – Yeah, yeah, I know…finish your first one before you start another one. These ones are small enough for it to not matter, though. Here’s a few examples:
- Docker Swarm role for ansible galaxy – To stand up a swarm cluster.
- building – I wanted RTS building sounds while my code is compiling, not close to finished yet.
- calf – I kind of want it to be helm for software projects in general. The idea is that most boilerplates don’t come with build/test/deploy scripts. Users should be able to create templates with all the tools necessary to start up and scale a big project.
Outside of software I’ve also been doing Jiu Jitsu at Borges BJJ, and it’s been a good experience. I used to run or lift to get my exercise, but BJJ seems to be a better mix of cardio and resistance training for daily exercise. I also get to learn something at the same time, so that’s a plus.